Dental Office Infection Control, Thousand Oaks CA
Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Pourrahimi and receive a straightforward answer.
We hope you and your families are feeling strong and smiling safe! We have made updates to our office protocols to ensure the health and safety of our patients and team. We will always go above and beyond to create the safest environment for every person who walks through our doors.
Since the news and developments regarding COVID-19 are changing very rapidly, this message will be updated as often as necessary to keep you, our valued patients, up to date. Ultimately, please know that we are committed to serving you at the highest levels possible, through any circumstances.
- Please wear a mask when entering the office
- Use hand-sanitizer upon entering the office
- Practice Social Distancing
- Staff will wear personal protective equipment (PPE) and follow universal precautions as per the CDC
- All team members are health screened daily
- Light switches, door handles, phones, computers and other heavily used items are being sterilized after each use.
- All items in operatories are covered with disposable barriers and thoroughly sterilized after each use.
- Floors are mopped with bleach after each patient visit.
- Installed medical grade HEPA filters with UV-C light to kill any bacteria/viruses.
- Added a medical grade vacuumfor use during procedures to reduce aerosols.
- Installed glass barrier at front desk to reduce transmission.
- Covid-19 exposure screening on the phone prior to your visit
- Please reschedule if you or someone in your house-hold have experienced any of the following symptoms within the past 14 days; fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea.
- We ask that those who come to our office do not bring a companion unless absolutely necessary.
- Review of Covid-19 exposure screening in person.
- Forehead temperatures will be taken for every patient and patient companion (guardian, spouse, relative, nurse, etc.)
- No waiting area is available at this time to insure that no patients will come in contact with one another, we escort patient #1 out prior to bringing patient #2 in the office.
- Elderly or immunocompromised patients will wait in their cars and call us before entering the building.
- Patients will be provided with an antibacterial/microbial rinse prior to all treatments.
- Patients will keep mask on at all times unless asked to remove it by one of our team members.
- Patients will be asked to leave the treatment room wearing their mask.
- All cards, pens, clipboards etc. will be thoroughly sanitized or disposed of after patient use.
Our team thanks you for entrusting us with caring for your oral health! We value our relationships with you and we assure you that we are doing everything we can to continue to provide you with excellent experiences in our office. We are dedicated to protecting your health and the health of everyone in our communities and beyond.
Dr. Pourrahimi and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.